Try the following quiz to see what you know about words, expressions and traditions that linger in our language and culture!
1. Which of the following words means a crazy person?
2. When a child misbehaves constantly, what do we call him/her?
a) A banshee
b) A hooligan
c) A brat
d) A slob
3. Which word is not of known Irish origin?
4. If your partner never cleans up their own mess or picks up their clothes, what would you call them?
a) A slew
b) A slob
c) A phony
d) A hooligan
5. Which of the following is a typical Irish custom?
a) Wiping your feet before coming into the house
b) Drinking pop
c) Going to the pub
d) Singing in the shower
6. Which of the following alcoholic beverages is typically Irish?
7. Which of the following sports is an Irish contribution?
8. Which of the following accompaniments is typically Irish (supposedly!)?
a) Mashed potatoes
c) Corn on the cob
9. Which of the following pastries is from Ireland?
c) Rice pudding
10. Which of the following expressions denotes a movement to resist or refuse:
Check out the following PowerPoint to check your answers!
Let me know how you did in the Comments section! Good luck!
2 responses to “The Irish Impact”
Claire, here are my answers:
Haha! Martin, you might want to check out the powerpoint to improve your knowledge of the Irish! You’re needing a bit of luck, here! ;o)
LikeLiked by 1 person